Once a year Inland NW Baby asks the community for financial support for operations. These funds pay for phone, website, postage, and other expenses to promote and operate the organization, as well as diapers, pull ups, socks,hygiene items and basic necessities for the families we serve. Here is how you can help:
1) Attend Decadence! Spokane Chocolate Festival on Friday, November 7th. Proceeds from this event benefit Inland NW Baby. Tickets can be found here.
2) Register to run/walk at our Sugar Rush Spokane Fund Run 5k/10 on Saturday, November 8th. Fun family event with an amazing chocolate finishers' festival afterward. Regiser here.
3) Purchase drawing tickets for the chocolate diamond pendant created exclusively for Inland NW Baby by Tracy Jewelers. Tickets are $10.00 each and can be purchased by calling our office or in person at Decadence or Sugar Rush. See the photo below.
4) Purchase drawing tickets for one of the four packages donated by area businesses and Friends Of Inland NW Baby. Tickets are $10.00 for 10 tickets and can be purchased by calling our office or in person at Decadence or Sugar Rush. Packages include a Spokane Chiefs Game Day; Mini Photo Session from Natalie Bee Photography, Chocolate Lovers Delight, and Cocktails Delight.
5) Cash donations are gratefully accepted at our office, 15303 E. Sprague; by mail at PO Box 22 Spokane Valley, WA 99037; by phone at 509.499.0670 or here on the website. All donations are tax deductibe to the full extent provided by the IRS and a receipt will be provided.
Thank you for supporting the mission of Inland NW Baby - to make sure that all children in our community have their basic needs met.
Inland NW Baby was incorporated in April 2010 and began distributing in September 2010. To date we have:
1) Collected and distributed nearly 160,000 diapers.
2) Filled nearly 7,000 requests for diapers, clothing and equipment for children throughout Spokane, Stevens and Grant counties.
3) Built relationships with 33 different agencies in Spokane, Stevens, and Grant counties for distribution to families.
4) Welcomed volunteers of all abilities and as young as 5 years old.
5) Washed/Mended over 5,000 lbs. of clothing that might have otherwise ended up in the landfill or rag bin.
6) Developed and presented the 2013 Chocoholic Frolic Spokane a 5k Fund Run/Walk, which had 500 registered participants. 2nd annual is scheduled for November 8th, 2014. This is INWB's only fundraising event.
7) Conducted Stuff The Bus 2013 Community Diaper Drive which gathered 100,000 diapers. Thank you to Walgreens, Trading Company and Albertsons, our retail partners.
8) Developed and presented Babyfest 2012. The first free event in the valley to provide education, resources and entertainment.
9) Placed 3rd in Allstate Insurance's Cash For Your Community Campaign and received $5,000.
10) Participated in Loon Lake's Community Holiday Event. We helped provide toys, books, hats, coats, gloves and more for 325 children.